New Delhi, Oct 25: Indian Railways is all set to get a revamped and better look, a design which is supposed to be more user friendly. Here are the seven features in The Indian Railways Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC) App and website which will make train bookings easier and with many new features will your life more comfortable in issues related to your traveling by train.
1. This site, claim sources, will be clutter-free and easy to log in.
2. The design is very clean and soothing to eyes. The earlier one was less user friendly and hit the eyes.
3. The Indian Railways Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC) has plans to alert the passengers on the delays, departure and arrival timings.
4. You don't hav to kill your time on platforms as you will be getting timely updates from the Railways. This means that you don't have to spend hours on the platforms unnecessarily.
5.There are lots of irregularities in Tatkal and it has been reported earlier also. New features will curb the misuse of facilities such as Tatkal as it will display confirmed tickets and dates of the journey to help the passengers in planning the travel in a better manner.
6. Just like it is done for flight users, if the train is delayed, the IRCTC will inform the passengers about it through an SMS.
7. To keep the travellers up to date about the exact location of the train, the IRCTC will be helped out by the Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO).
8.To provide benefits to a larger group of users the Ministry of Railways has recently launched E-Ticketing portal in Hindi.
9. As the government is planning to withdraw merchant discount rate (MDR) charges. The railway fares are likely to go down.
10. Now you can rate the food, on a scale of 1-5, that you get in the train. The IRCTC recently came out with this plan to let the passengers on premium trains rate on tablets.