New Delhi, Jan 24: A Special court on Wednesday convicted former Bihar Chief Ministers Lalu Prasad and Jagannath Mishra and former Jharkhand Chief Secretary Sajjal Chkravarty in another fodder scam case. Here are th 10 important statements and developments regarding this case which you should not miss:
1. This is the third fodder scam case, the Chaibasa Treasury case: Former Bihar CM Jagannath Mishra also found guilty by Special CBI court in Ranchi
2. People know how BJP,RSS and more importantly Nitish Kumar have conspired against Lalu ji. We will approach higher courts against all these verdicts: Tejashwi Yadav on Lalu Yadav convicted in third fodder scam case
3. Its nothing surprising, it was expected. The statements coming from RJD are unfortunate, do they mean to say the judge is conspiring with BJP and Nitish ji?: Sushil Modi, Bihar Deputy CM on Lalu Yadav convicted in third fodder scam case
4. The special Central Bureau of Investigation court of Judge S.S. Prasad pronounced the judgment related to fraudulent withdrawal of Rs 33.67 crore from the Chaibasa Treasury in 1992-1993
5. It was alleged that the Rs 33.67-crore was withdrawn on fake allotment letters.
6. The special CBI court convicted five persons and acquitted six in this case. This is third case of fodder scam in which Rashtriya Janata Dal chief Lalu Prasad has been convicted.
7. Lalu Prasad is also an accused in two other fodder scam cases relating to alleged illegal withdrawal of Rs 3.97 crore from Dumka treasury and Rs 184 crore from Doranda treasury.
8. The 69-year-old RJD president had five cases against him in the Rs 900 crore fodder scam. He was on bail in the first case when he was convicted and sentenced in the second.
9. Earlier, on September 30, 2013, Prasad was held guilty in another case pertaining to illegal withdrawal of Rs 37.7 crore and handed down a five-year prison term.
10. Prasad is lodged in Birsa Munda jail after being convicted last month in the second case of the fodder scam linked to illegal withdrawal of money from Deoghar treasury.