New Delhi, May 8: Today is one of the most special days in the life of talented actor Sonam Kapoor where she tied the knot and took holy vows to become Mrs Sonam Kapoor Ahuja. The lovebirds are happy as they become one. Here are the 10 interesting facts about this famous Bollywood wedding which has become the talk of the town:
1. Fashionista Sonam Kapoor has lived up to all the expectations royally. The treatment f the decor and dress has been a real royal one.
2. Sonam wore a bright red lehenga designed by Anuradha Vakil. In a traditional red lehenga with heavy ethnic jewellery and minimal make-up, the 'Neerja' star looked stunning.3. A big fashionista that Sonam is, the main events of the wedding apparently had colour themes. While the sangeet ceremony had the colour golden and off white, the marriage ceremony had pink colour theme.
3. After the wedding, Sonam Kapoor and Anand Ahuja will be hosting a reception later this evening at The Leela. The dress code for the same is Indian and western formals.
4. Her groom Anand Ahuja, too matched up to her style statement in a beige achkan and a traditional turban, added on with a beautiful neck-piece. He looked dapper in a Raghavendra Rathore creation, a beige sherwani. He paired his sherwani with a beige and cream 'saafa' along with pearl and ruby strings.
5. Sonam looked every bit the Punjabi bride with her hands adorned by a deep maroon colour of henna, both wrists full of the 'chooda' and 'kaleere'. She wore a statement maatha-patti.
6. The wedding took place at Sonam's aunt's place in Bandra here, with a slew of close family and friends of the couple in attendance.
7. A short video showcasing Sonam walking the aisle saw the actress being accompanied by her brothers, led by Harshvardhan and cousin Arjun.
8. Sonam's father and veteran actor Anil Kapoor and brother Harshvardhan looked smart in sherwanis while cousins Janhvi, Khushi, Anshula, Shanaya and Arjun were dressed in ethnic designer wear for the special day.
9. From the film and fashion industry, Amitabh Bachchan, Abhishek Bachchan, Karan Johar, Jacqueline Fernandez, Rani Mukerji, Swara Bhasker, Kareena Kapoor Khan, Saif Ali Khan, Karisma Kapoor, designer Masaba Gupta and stylist Pernia Qureshi were present.
10. The actress' "Veere Di Wedding" co-star Kareena looked elegant in a soft pink ensemble as she walked colour co-ordinated with husband Saif and son Taimur.
News24Bureau with Agencies