New Delhi, News24 Bureau, Jan 24: Congress President Rahul Gandhi was a confident and fiery self during his two-day Amethi tour. It was in the midst of Congress' big decision of handing over the Eastern Uttar Pradesh by making Priyanka Gandhi Vadra the general secretary.
On Thursday Rahul attacked PM Narendra Modi and accused him of favouring industrialists over farmers though they were undergoing intense crisis.
Rahul did not shy away from attacking PM Modi on the pretext of the Rafale Deal, " When CBI wanted to investigate Rafale deal, the Director was removed at 1:30 am. When SC said no, it's wrong, and he be reinstated, the person is reinstated, but within two hours they get a note that there will be a meeting, that the CBI Director needs to be removed.
Referring to the promised Food Park in Amethi Gandhi said, "We had promised loan waivers and we implemented that, I don't lie, unlike Narendra Modi. I want to promise you that food park which was halted by Modi Ji, will be built here in Amethi, 101%."
The Congress chief was addressing a public meeting in Amethi before returning to Delhi at the end of his two-day visit to his Lok Sabha constituency.
Wrapping up his two-day Amethi tour, Congress president Rahul Gandhi on Thursday said his party will contest the Lok Sabha polls with full strength. He also exuded confidence that it will win the next Uttar Pradesh assembly polls. Here are the 10 important things he said:
1. We will contest the Lok Sabha polls with full strength and will win the next UP Assembly polls.
2. Slamming Prime Minister Narendra Modi, he said Modi has waived only industrialists' loans.
3. The chowkidar proved to be a thief," he said, and remarked, "Gali gali mein shor hai, chowkidar chor hai."
4. Rahul charged that Modi swears by God and then speaks lies.
5. "Where are the 'achchey din' promised?" he posed. Gandhi also said that the name of Modi was synonymous with hatred, which was causing a huge loss to the country.
"In this country Narendra Modi means hatred. When the Congress government comes to power, we will end this," he added.
6. At the same time, Rahul said, "We have delivered the promise of loan waiver."
7. The Congress leader also questioned the "hurry" in removing the CBI chief.
8. He described note ban as the biggest scam.
9. He also accused Modi of overlooking state-owned aerospace and defence company, Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL), which had been making planes for the past 70 years and giving contracts to make jet fighter planes to help an industrialist friend.
10. He said the "chowkidar" has siphoned off the money meant for the Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Act (MNREGA) and given it to Nirav Modi, the diamond merchant who ran off to foreign shores with it.