Yoga is the most effective way you can maintain your shapely figure! Here are two poses for slim hips and thighs:
* Ananda Balasana (Happy Child Pose)
- Lie down on your back and take a deep breath.
- Breathing out, fold your knees so that they press against your stomach.
- Breathing in, hold your feet. People who cannot do this should catch hold of a belt or a scarf. Open your knees so that they are wider than the torso and push them towards the armpits.
- Bring your ankle in line with the knees so that the shins are perpendicular to the floor.
- Push your feet into your hands to develop a resistance.
- Hold on to this position for 30-60 seconds.
- Bring your thighs back towards your belly.
- Breathe out and stretch out your legs.
* Warrior Pose I (Virabhadrasana I)
- Stand straight in a Mountain Pose (tadasana).
- While exhaling, step or jump (slightly) your feet. The distance should not be more than 3.5 or 4 feet between the two feet.
- Lift your arms perpendicular to the floor and parallel to each other.
- Turn your left foot 45-60 degrees to the right and the right toes should point forward i.e. 90 degrees. Your knee should be in line with the ankle.
- Breathe out and move your torso to the right.
- Now bend your right knee over the right ankle making right shin perpendicular to the floor.
- Keep your chest out and shoulders relaxed, feel the stretch down your torso and spine.
- If you want to feel more stretch, joins your palms and hold on this position for 30-60 seconds.
- Now breathe out and following the same steps come back to the original position.
- Now repeat the same with the left leg.