An afternoon tea is the most relaxed time ever! It was a popular tradition amongst the working-class families which was later adopted by ladies only! Since its focus is mainly on conversations rather than dancing, drinking and singing - the focus is less of food and menu. Its mostly munchies because tea is the star of the party! Here are three quick and unique recipes for a lovely tea party:
* Cream Filled Strawberries:
- 18 large fresh strawberries
- 1 cup cold fat-free milk
- 1 package (1 ounce) sugar-free instant vanilla pudding mix
- 2 cups reduced-fat whipped topping
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- Beat cream cheese, confectioners' sugar, and vanilla extract together in a bowl until smooth; spoon into a piping bag or a resealabe bag with a corner snipped.
- Fill cavities of cored strawberries with the cream cheese mixture. Dip filled side of strawberries in the crushed graham crackers to coat.
* Deviled Eggs:
- 6 eggs
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Spanish paprika, for garnish
1. Place eggs in a single layer in a saucepan and cover with enough water that there's 1 1/2 inches of water above the eggs. Heat on high until water begins to boil, then cover, turn the heat to low, and cook for 1 minute. Remove from heat and leave covered for 14 minutes, then rinse under cold water continuously for 1 minute.
2. Crack egg shells and carefully peel under cool running water. Gently dry with paper towels. Slice the eggs in half lengthwise, removing yolks to a medium bowl, and placing the whites on a serving platter. Mash the yolks into a fine crumble using a fork. Add mayonnaise, vinegar, mustard, salt, and pepper, and mix well.
3. Evenly disperse heaping teaspoons of the yolk mixture into the egg whites. Sprinkle with paprika and serve.
* Italian Pinwheel Sandwiches
- 4 ounces cream cheese, soften
- ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- 5 (8-inch) flour tortillas
- 10 slices provolone cheese, thinly sliced
- 15 slices Genoa salami
- 10 slices deli/sandwich style pepperoni
- 10 slices ham, thinly sliced
- ½ cup sliced roasted red peppers, patted dry
- ½ cup mild banana pepper rings, patted dry
- In a small bowl mix cream cheese with Italian seasoning with garlic powder until combined.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Spread a thin layer of cream cheese mixture on flour tortilla.
- Top with 2 slices of provolone, then 3 slices of salami, 2 slices of pepperoni and 2 slices of ham.
- Top ham with some sliced roasted red peppers and banana peppers.
- Tightly fold up tortilla and wrap in plastic wrap.
- Repeat until all tortillas are folded up.
- Place in the refrigerator for a few hours or overnight.
- When ready to serve cut off ends and cut into slices.