Two of the greatest passions us in the country are - Cricket and Movies. We can spend endless hours watching, following, discussing cricket matches or movies from decades back also! Thus when a movie personality and cricketer come together, it ignites our passion for them even more! Here are four cricket and film couples that have created much speculation and excitement over the years:
* Sharmila Tagore and Mansur Ali Khan Pataudi
* Perhaps, the most apt match ever. The royal Indian cricket and Hindi cinema connection, Sharmila Tagore, one of the most fascinating actresses in Bollywood in the 1970s, first met Nawab Pataudi, the then captain of the Indian team at a party in 1965. After a pure case of love at first sight, the two got married, albeit with some family oppositions, sustained a long and happy marriage until Pataudi passed away in 2011. The marriage bore three children - Saif Ali Khan, Saba Ali Khan and Soha Ali Khan.
* Sangeeta Bijlani and Mohd Azaruddin
Azhar was at the peak of his career and already married with two kids when he met Sangeeta during a campaign. He left his first wife and married Sangeeta and the two went strongly for 14 years, before ending their marriage in 2010.
* Virat Kohli and Anoushka Sharma
Poor thing! As much as she is lauded for her stellar performances in films, she is equally trolled on twitter everytime her Romeo Virat Kohli fails to bat well. They are the most talked about Bolly-Cricket couple ever. They arent shying away from the media either. Kohli very strongly defends her and Anoushka very proudly poses as arm-candy when they arrive at events together!
* Neena Gupta and Vivian Richards