Fish is famous for its various nutritional properties. Fish is also the world’s best source of omega-3 fatty acids, which are incredibly important for your body as well as brain. Here are 5 benefits of eating fish:
1. Aids in healing Joint Pain: Oily fish is a rich source of two key Omega-3 fatty acids, which are not only essential for your body functioning as it should, but also have some potential health advantages. The fatty acids from the likes of salmon, tuna and trout can reduce stiffness as well as joint pain.
2. Lowers risk of Heart Problems: Omega-3 helps lower elevated triglyceride levels. Basically this means that people that eat oily fish or otherwise ensure regular consumption of these fatty acids have a lower risk of heart disease. In a nutshell, eating fish can help keep your heart healthy.
3. It can boost immunity: A lot of us might be deficient in Vitamin D but dont realise it. Vitamin D is essential for good functioning of the immune system and oily fish is a brilliant source of it and remains one of the few ways you can get it by diet alone.
4. It can help your eyesight: Along with vegetables like sweet potato, spinach and carrots, salmon and tuna are a good source of Vitamin A. Vitamin A is a powerful antioxidant and also helps vision.
5. It can help maintain thyroid health - Fish gives the thyroid an essential metabolism boost. Thyroid is where metabolism hormones are created, as well as hormones involved in the brain and bone development of children (and pregnant women).