On her 44th Birthday today, we should be breaking-down Aishwarya Rai Bachchan's style at Cannes Red Carpet. Representing your fraternity Internationally is a completely different scene altogether. Its because in your home country, you're so well known that people identify your film just by the virtue of your star-power. If you're famous, your film gets attention. However, on an international platform, you have to reinvent yourself, you have to up your brand value, your film's success depends all the more on how you present yourself. Thus, our Bollywood stars become experimental so that there's a relatibility as well as an attention-grabbing factor.
Aishwarya Rai does just that! From shapely gowns, to eclectic colours to traditional sarees, she has seen and worn it all! Here are some of her best Cannes Red Carpet Outfits:
* Roberto Cavalli nude gown at 2014 Cannes : Cavalli lives and breathes couture! His cuts are uber feminine and non-sleazy! Thus, opting for this gown was the right choice as it accentuated her hour-glass figure and the criss-crossed fabric was also a rare design. The deep neckline and the short train give it an infinity factor.
* Ralph & Russo Red Gown at Red Carpet at 2017 Cannes: She charmed her way with this frilly and flirty (unfrothy) gown. The sweetheart neckline on the bodice gave her the form and the frills gave her the flow. A great combo to have and even more props to her for having carried it off so well!
* Ralph & Russo White Gown at Red Carpet at 2015 Cannes: The strapless with ruffle detailing and a dash of black flowers made her look ferocious yet fluid. Most ladies avoid ruffles cuz it can make you look chubbier, however, she carried it off well and looked so fit!
* Michael Cinco Blue Gown at 2017 Cannes: Just as her fairytale life when she married Prince Charming AB jr (the most eligible bachelor of his times), she channeled her inner cinderella once again and appeared in this whopping number. The minty colour gave her the ice-maiden/fantasy like quality. Cinderella had come to life!
* Ali Younes Nude Gown at 2017 Cannes: Her love for nudes is quite apparent! She went back to the colour she's very comfortable with. The sheer gown had embellishments that rose in on the glam-o-meter and the cape made it even more fashion forward! Comfort as well as experimenting, juggled it quite well!