Vidya Balan, is quite experimental with her film choices, isn't too far behind in her saree selection either! Its great that she wears saress cuz it falls perfectly on her hour-glass figure. Her traditional features and luscious locks make her the quintessential Indian Godess!
* Filmfare Awards, when she won the award for Kahaani. The checkered print (signature style of the Brits) with splashes of bright colors and reddish tones in the makeup make it a great fusion attire.
* White Kora Silk Saree at Cannes Film Festival. White is the symbol of divinity - she was just that! Divine and its the perfect colour for an afternoon premiere!
* Cannes - Sabyasachi gold and maroon combo. Vango here, Mama!! So channeling the happiness of a newly introduced actress yet the poise of a veteran! Unlike other leading ladies, she chose the traditional garb, which makes us (commoners) feel more confident of our culture. Isnt blending in, yet happy to be representing!
* Wills Fashion week - Yellow Sabyasachi Saree. Great Colour to highlight her mustardy skin tone even further! The jhumkas and the flowers are an homage to her background, we love that she's so proud to be a Tamilian!
* Melbourne Film Festival - Payal Singhal Saree. Great switch from the traditional prints she wears! Contrasting colours tend to distract from the imperfections (perhaps her her tummy and arms). Yet she looks just at ease with her modern sarees than traditional sarees. Nonetheless, the confidence she exudes at every event makes her imperfections seem non-existant.