The changing nature of technology will surely have an impact on the smartphone launches in the new year with better screen quality and cameras. Let's have a look at some of the most rumoured and awaited handsets of 2016:
1. Xiaomi Mi5: Reports suggest that the phone will feature a 5.2-inch FHD display, 16MP rear and 13MP front-facing cameras, top of the line Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 processor, 4GB RAM and 32GB or 64GB of internal storage.
2. iPhone 7, 7 Plus: After the launch of iPhone 6 Plus in 2015, the obvious query is when we can expect the launch of its next version. Rumours have it that iPhone 7, 7 Plus will be launched with big changes and may come with a D-pack headphone jack and an eSIM. It will be more faster with an A10 processor.
3. HTC One M10: After suffering setbacks with M9, HTC may launch M10 with better design and feature improvements in the new year.
4. OnePlus 3: It will will feature a 1080p full-HD screen, Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 chip, Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0 and Adreno 530 graphics.
5. Samsung Galaxy S, Galaxy S7 Edge: To take on the flourishing business of iPhone, world's largest smartphone maker, Samsung, is expected to come up with a new Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge at the Mobile World Congress, 2016. It may feature its own Exynos processors, along with Adreno 530 graphics and 4GB RAM. It may also come with a 5.1 inch Quad HD Super AMOLED panel, fingerprint scanner and even a heart-rate monitor.