New Delhi: Itchy scalp and dandruff can trouble you to no end and may become a major source of embarrassment if someone find you scratching your scalp every now and then. Dandruff does not only make your hair roots weak but it also gives a poor look to your hair. Even while wearing colours, you always avoid wearing all dark colours as the flakes of dandruff become more visible. Dandruff can be defined a medical problem that can be seen all over the world. The more you scratch your scalp the more itchy it makes you feel. Therefore, when you notice dandruff flakes on your shoulder or feel itchy in your scalp, it is better you follow some remedies to cure it.
Given below are some of the important home remedies that will give you relief from dandruff and make your hair shiny:
1) Apple Cider Vinegar: If you rinse your hair with apple cider vinegar, it can effectively cure your dandruff woes effectively. Apple cider vinegar tackles skin fungus that is the major cause for dandruff and it acts just like fungicide. Vinegar can help you get rid of the unwanted skin that would flake off into dandruff, and it won’t clog up your pores or cause more. Take one spoon of vinegar and 2 spoon of water and mix it. Apply this mixture on your scalp and leave it for 15 minutes. After this you can wash your hair with shampoo.
2) No oiling: It is a myth that oiling is good for your hair. If you have dandruff, it can increase it and will make your scalp more greasy and oily which will attract more dust and aggravate the dandruff woes. Oil works like a food for Malazzesia which leads to dandruff.
3) Baking soda: It works like a scrub and help in exfoliating the scalp effectively without causing any trouble or irritation and remove dead skin cells significantly. Exfoliation is believed to be very important in order to ensure there is no build up of dandruff flakes on the scalp. Baking soda possesses exfoliation and anti-fungal qualities which helps in soothing the scalp and reduces itchiness from the scalp.
4) Tea tree oil: It has an exceptional power to fight any fungal or bacterial infections in your scalp and proved to be a highly effective home remedy in curing dandruff. You may add a drop or two of tea tree oil to your shampoo and wash normally. You will notice the results very soon sitting in the comfort of your home.
5) Garlic: has plenty of medicinal benefits that cure various ailments in human body. When it comes to dandruff, garlic possesses amazing anti-fungal properties that can effectively cure your dandruff. Take a clove or two of crushed garlic and mix it with water, use it on your scalp to see fast results. If you are scared of the smell then you can mix a little honey and ginger. It will take away all the bad odor.
So what are you waiting for? Use the above tips and cure your dandruff now.