New Delhi, Oct 8: As Karva Chauth is round the corner, married women are all set to don their new clothes and beautiful jewellery to make the day special. Without mehendi, Karwa Chauth will remain incomplete and you will see long queues of women around various mehndi shops in the market. This is one festival which most of the married women await impatiently for the entire year.
Married women are geared up to observe the day-long fast so that their husbands are blessed with a long and healthy life ahead. Karwa Chauth will be celebrated on October 8, 2017. Generally Women wake up early in the morning that is before sunrise to feast on their Sargi received by their mother-in-law and then observe the day long fast.
So as you are about to celebrate Karwa Chauth, here we give you a list of things that you should not do on this day:
1) You should not disrespect your elders on Karwa Chauth otherwise your fast will not be considered complete. You are supposed to worship Gauri Maa on Karwa Chauth.
2) Before seeing the moon, all married women should not give anything white to anyone which may include milk, curd, rice, white cloth etc.
3) On this day married women should listen to the complete 'Karwa Chauth' story with 13 grains of wheat or rice in their palm.
4) Women should avoid wearing black and white colour on Karwa Chauth. On this day, women should wear red and yellow colour clothes.
5) Perform the puja and Karwa Chauth fast according to the rituals and 'vidhi'. This year the muhurat of pooja will be between 5.54 pm to 7:10 pm