New Delhi, Oct 25: Seeking to boost note ban and GST-hit economy, Finance Minister Arun Jaitley on Tuesday announced a massive Rs 6.92 lakh crore infrastructure spending and another Rs 2.11 lakh crore for bank recapitalisation to revive investments as well as growth. Flanked by all his five secretaries and chief economic advisor, Jaitley reeled out economic indicators to support government contention that GDP growth slowdown has bottomed out and economy is turning around. On Wednesday in an extensive interview Arun Jaitley dwelled on topics related to Indian Economy, its heath, On Congress politics, Kashmir and many other important issues. Here are the major takeaways from the interview:
1. It is first time in history that continuously for 3 years India's economy has been one of the fastest growing in world: Arun Jaitley
2. It has nothing to do with elections, these are long term reform measures: FM Arun Jaitley on yesterday's announcements
3.Bringing everything under 18% (GST) is helping those who spend on luxury items. Does Congress want to make BMWs and Mercedes cheaper?
4. I think Finance Ministers of Congress states know about slabs of GST, national level leaders of Congress speaking on it, perhaps know less about it: FM
5. For dialogue with Pakistan, Pakistan itself has to create the atmosphere, people of Kashmir have nothing to do with it.
6.I think Finance Mins of Cong states know about slabs of GST, national level leaders of Cong speaking on it, perhaps know less about it: FM
7. In last 3 years an intelligence network has been put in place, Hurriyat and their funding sources have been exposed: FM
8. Terrorists are on the run, situation under control. Home Minister has cleared that we are ready to talk to anyone who is willing.
9. Lot of relief has been given, from filing quarterly returns to 1% tax for turnover under 1 Cr, a lot has been done for relief: FM
10. Funding sources of Hurriyat have dried up and as a result the stone pelting that was being done by thousands, has stopped:
News24Bureau with Agencies