New Delhi, August 13: Bollywood was in a state of shock in February this year, when news about superstar Sridevi death at a hotel in Dubai started doing rounds on social media and then in news channels. Fans and celebrities of the were shocked knowing that they have lost a gem of Indian cinema. She was a risk-taker, a fashion icon and a very amazing person by heart. She has achieved so much in the life like no actress can ever.
The actress was and will always remain arguably one of the biggest names in Southern cinema.The superstar, who starred in Tamil, Telugu, Hindi, Malayalam, and Kannada films was referred as Indian cinema's first female superstar. She was also the recipient of a National Film Award, two Filmfare Awards, and three Filmfare Awards South.
SOME UNKNOWN FACTS ABOUT LEGEND SRIDEVI
1. She was born as Shree Amma Yanger Ayyappan, and she gained the title of the first female superstar.
2. Sridevi actually spelled her name as Sreedevi, but she let the spelling error continue.
3. She made her debut in movies when she was four with a mythological film ‘Thunaivan’, in which she played Lord Murugan.
4. Sridevi refused a film with Steven Speilberg. She was approached for a small role in Steven Speilberg’s ‘Jurrasic Park’, but the actress declined the role because she felt it didn’t suit her stature at that time.
5. Sridevi has also produced ‘Shakti: The Power’ which starred Shah Rukh Khan. The actress was also supposed to act in the film, but she couldn’t since she was second time pregnant (with Khushi).
6. She named her daughters Janhvi and Khushi after the names of the heroines in her producer husband Boney Kapoor’s films, ‘Judaai’ and ‘Hamara Dil Aapke Pass Hai’.
7. Sridevi was the playback singer in ‘Sadma’, ‘Chandni’, ‘Garajna’ and ‘Kshana Kshanam’.
8. She played Rajinikanth’s stepmother onscreen when she was just 13 years old in the film Moondru Mudichu.
9. Sridevi and Salman Khan bonded over the painting. After ‘Wanted’, where Salman encouraged her, which is why she got back to painting. In fact, her painting even went international with her painting ‘Thoughts’ accepted by a reputed international art auction house.
10. Sridevi was supposed to do a film with Gauri Shinde (probably ‘English Vinglish 2’) and reportedly even a TV show.
11. She died a day before Divya Bharati’s birth anniversary, the actress who replaced her in ‘Laadla’.
12. The people of the gay community were her fans too.
13. She shot for ‘Na Jaane Kahan Se Aayi Hai’ with a 103-degree fever.