New Delhi, Feb 7: Delhi's Patiala House court today granted bail to Bilal Ahmad Kawa, who is a suspect in the 2000 Red Fort attack case.
Family members of Bilal Ahmad Kawa, who was arrested on charges of involvement in the 2000 Red Fort attack, had claimed he was innocent and had been framed.
"He was ill. His brother asked him to undergo a health check-up in Delhi. He was not involved in anything... He has been framed," Fatima, Kawa's mother had told reporters.
She said Kawa was not on the run and he made frequent business-related trips to Delhi.
He booked tickets using his Aadhaar card, Fatima claimed.
"He would not have done it if he was a militant? Would the government give an Aadhaar card to a militant?" she asked.
Protesting Kawa's arrest, the family and their neighbours demanded that he be released immediately.
The 37-year-old Kawa, suspected to be linked to the Lashkar-e-Taiba, was arrested from the Indira Gandhi International Airport on Wednesday evening.
He had been declared a proclaimed offender in the case.
News24Bureau with Agencies