The Balochistan High Court on Wednesday dismissed an application challenging the acquittal of former President Pervez Musharraf and others in the Nawab Akbar Khan Bugti murder case. The application had been filed by the Baloch nationalist leader's son, Jamil Akbar Bugti, in 2016, challenging the verdict of an Anti-Terrorist Court (ATC) in Quetta that acquitted the former military dictator and others in the case, Dawn online reported. A divisional bench of the court, comprising Justice Jamal Mandokhail and Justice Nazeer Ahmed Langove, dismissed the application challenging the acquittal and maintained the judgement of the ATC, the report said. Jamil Bugti's counsel Sohail Rajput told reporters that they will challenge the Balochistan High Court's dismissal of their application in the Supreme Court. "We are not satisfied with the judgment," Rajput said. Baloch leader Nawab Akbar Bugti was killed in an operation in Balochistan's rugged mountains of Taratani in Kohlu district on August 26, 2006. The death of the Baloch chieftain had sparked angry protests in parts of the country. Jamil Bugti had named Musharraf, former Prime Minister Shaukat Aziz, former Interior Minister Aftab Ahmed Khan Sherpao, former Balochistan Governor Owais Ahmed Ghani and others in his father's case.