New Delhi: Deputy Chief Minister Manish Sisodia table the Delhi budget 2016-17 on Monday.
This is the second time that Aam Aadmi Party is presenting its budget.
Here are the updates:
- Delhi's per capita income increases by 11%, which is 3% more than the national average. - Total budget outlay is 46,000 crore. - Delhi government announces E-District mechanism. 200 affidavits made online. - Delhi Govt proposes Rs 350 crore for Swaraj vision. - 5.57 lakh card holders to benefit from the e-ration card scheme. E-card to be portable all over Delhi soon. - Delhi government proposes Aam Aadmi Canteen for poor. Allocates Rs 10 crore for the scheme. - Government is working on providing high quality WiFi at public place at low cost: Manish Sisodia. - 21 new school buildings to be constructed. - Nearly 8000 new classrooms, toilets have been made in government schools: Sisodia. - Separate toilets for girl students in all schools now: Sisodia. - No teachers will get involved population census anymore. Even they want to focus on teaching: Manish Sisodia. - Estate Managers will take care of everything apart from educations, so that teachers & principles can focus on education: Sisodia. - Delhi government announces appointment of 5,500 new teachers in its final phase. 9,623 new posts for teachers approved. - In a futuristic step, Sisodia announces coaching of teachers at OXFORD, Harvard & Cambridge. - School grounds to be open for residents around the school, after school.
- 152 Cr allocated for skill training. - Delhi government starts 2 new ITIs. Additionally, 3 other ITIs & 5 Polytechnics to be made soon. - Government is working on providing high quality WiFi at public place at low cost: Sisodia. - Rs 100 crore have been allocated for the installation of CCTV in schools. - Rs 48 crores have beet allocated to improve sports facilities in schools. - Rs 10,690 crore have been allocated for education sector. - Delhi Hospitals to provide free checkups and medicines from 1 February. - Rs 5259 crores has been allocated to improve health system. - 10,000 new hospital beds to reduce waiting time for patients. - Sisodia announces 3 tier mechanism, comprising of mohalla clinics, polyclinics and multi-speciality hospitals, for health care. - 1000 new cluster buses & 1000 new premium buses to be added to the fleet of Delhi Transport Corporation (DTC). - Rs 763 Crore boost for Delhi Metro.
Last mile connectivity & pollution to be tackled together by increasing subsidy on e-rickshaws from Rs 15,000 to Rs 30,000. - 2 elevated BRT corridors will be constructed to improve public transportation in Delhi. - 11 roads will be redesigned to make public transportation safer, Rs 2,208 allocated for the same: Sisodia. - Rs 114 crores for lighting 42,000 dark spots in Delhi. - Rs 100 crores allocated for making roads cleaner and greener. - All DTC and Cluster buses to be equipped with Wi-Fi, GPS and CCTv cameras to make travel secure and convenient.
-1,735 Crore dedicated towards Transport Sector. - Rs 200 crores allocated for Mohalla Security Force to ensure safety in various constituencies. - Drinkable water to be made available via pipeline by December 2017. - Delhi government has proposed the construction of 3 new hostels for working women. - Rs 118 Crore more revenue collected via DJB meters.
- Rs 54 crore allocated to promote art, culture and language. - Rs 2466 crores for development of city infrastructure. -Rs 30 crores to be invested in Delhi festival.
- Rs 100 Crore allocated for delivering basic amenities to the Jhuggi Bastis. - DSIIDC has been asked to start work of road and drain in unauthorised colonies of Delhi. Rs 300 crore allocated. - Subsidy in electricity bill to continue, Rs 1600 crore allocated for the same. - A Skywalk to be constructed to connect Qutub Minar with Metro Station to boost tourism. - 5% tax on plastic waste. - VAT on sweets and snacks and readymade garments reduced from 12.5% to 5%. - Online Search Facility being mulled for registered documents in Delhi.
- Deputy CM Manish Sisodia concludes the budget.