Happy Birthday Salman Khan! Wishing you a very happy birthday. For the adonis of Bollywood, here are five of his best movies that we've appreciated over the last two decades:
* Maine Pyar Kiya: A typical plot, however, seemed refreshingly new because of the freshness and innoscense of the lead pair. Salman portrayed the ultimate romantic man with much love and passion for his lady love. His expressions, his physique, his gentle demeanor, the romanticism in his eyes and the way he pursued Bhagyashree was like the so-so meal right before the big pumpkin pie at your Christmas dinners! The climax had us all cheering for the Hero! He came out like one and the film was a superhit of all times! Salman had arrived.
* Andaaz Apna Apna: The film showcased Salman’s skills as a comedy actor. This film gave us a different ‘Prem’ altogether. This film garnered average numbers at the box office but in subsequent years went on to become a cult film because of reruns on TV. The comic timing of Salman, the picking up on cues from his fellow actors to deliver his dialogues the right way and his mannerisms were really appreciated.
* Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam: Salman played the romantic hero to the Tee. He was so damn charming that he pretty much just said, "kem cho?" and she fell for him! Just as quickly as he worn her heart, he shattered it with much more speed and ease as he was shooed away by her family. Then when they later reunite, the transformation from the childish prankster to the lovelorn man that was compelled to eradicate true love from his life because he was indebted to Aishwarya's father. He played each of the roles very convincingly and swept us away! He diversified as an actor with this movie.
* Ek Thaa Tiger: As for the rest of us, ordinary mortals who usually seek cinematic stimuli less extraordinary, Ek Thaa Tiger, directed by Ali Abbas Zafar. Salman had portrayed the characteristics of a spy with much sense and subtlety. But these attributes appear to be the last thing on the mind of the invincible, forthright, Rambo-esque RAW agent-protagonist and his mates as they, teaming up with ISI operatives, take on their deadly common foes for the sake of humanity.
* Tere Naam: Salman Khan's portrayal of Radhe is considered one of his finest performance till date. His vulnerability and emotional outbursts throughout the movie leave you feeling shaken and emotional. Salman as Radhe Mohan shined in all his scenes giving us an insight to the emotional trauma his character goes through in the movie.