During his Independence Day address, PM Modi honored the Olympic players present at the Red Fort by applauding them. PM Modi said that in the midst of the coronavirus pandemic, our doctors, our nurses, our paramedical staff, scavengers, scientists engaged in making vaccines.
New Delhi: India is celebrating its 75th Independence Day today. On this occasion, Prime Minister Narendra Modi hoisted the tricolor on the ramparts of the Red Fort.
During his Independence Day address, PM Modi honored the Olympic players present at the Red Fort by applauding them. PM Modi said that in the midst of the coronavirus pandemic, our doctors, our nurses, our paramedical staff, scavengers, scientists engaged in making vaccines and citizens engaged in service are all entitled to be praised.
This year's Independence Day is being celebrated as 'Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav'. PM Modi had started the 'Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav' from Sabarmati Ashram in Ahmedabad, Gujarat in March 2021 to celebrate 75 years of India's independence.
Independence Day 2021 Live updates
- Today the world is looking at India from a new perspective and this vision has two important aspects. One terrorism and the other expansionism. India is fighting both these challenges and is also responding with great courage in a tactful manner: PM Modi
Be it the historic decision to replace Article 370, the system that frees the country from the tax trap - be it GST, One Rank One Pension for our military comrades, or the peaceful solution of the Ramjanmabhoomi case, all this has come true in the last few years. Have seen it happen: PM Modi
Be it the Bru Reang Pact in Tripura after decades, constitutional status to the OBC Commission, or the BDC and DDC elections held for the first time since independence in Jammu and Kashmir, India is constantly proving its resolve: PM Modi
National Hydrogen Mission announced
For India's progress, it is necessary for India to be self-reliant for energy to make a self-reliant India. Therefore, today India will have to take a pledge that we will make India self-reliant for energy before 100 years of independence. I am announcing the National Hydrogen Mission today in the light of the tricolor: PM Modi
Now daughters will also study in all Sainik Schools of the country
It is a matter of pride for the country whether it is education or sports, board results or Olympic medal, our daughters are performing phenomenally today. Today I am sharing a happiness with the countrymen. I used to get messages from lakhs of daughters that they too want to study in Sainik School, the doors of Sainik Schools should be opened for them too. Today's daughters of India are eager to take their space: PM Modi
- Unnecessary laws need to be abolished. A law tabled 200 years ago was still prevailing, due to which the citizens of the country did not have the freedom to make maps of India: PM Modi
Utilizing the capabilities of scientists in agriculture
During Corona, the country has seen the power of technology and the strength and commitment of our scientists. Our scientists are working intelligently in every area of the country. Time has come to add capabilities and suggestions of scientists to our agriculture sector as well: PM Modi
- India will present the National Master Plan of Prime Minister Gati Shakti in front of the country in the coming time. The scheme of more than 100 lakh crores will bring new opportunities for employment for lakhs of youth. This will be a master plan that will lay the foundation for holistic infrastructure. Right now there is no coordination in the means of transport. It will break this deadlock: PM Modi
- The country has resolved that 75 Vande Bharat trains will be connecting every corner of the country in 75 weeks of Amrit Mahotsav of Independence. Today the speed with which new airports are being built in the country, UDAN scheme connecting far-flung areas is also unprecedented: PM Modi
- Today a new history of connectivity is being written in the North East. This connectivity is of hearts as well as of infrastructure. The work of connecting all the capitals of the North East with rail service is going to be completed very soon: PM Modi
- Important reforms have also been made in medical education. Equal attention has been paid to preventive health care. Along with this, there has also been a substantial increase in the medical seats in the country. Very soon thousands of hospitals in the country will also have their own oxygen plants: PM Modi
- Due to the division in the family, the land of the farmers is getting reduced. The government will now give priority to small farmers. The previous governments never paid any attention to small farmers. Small farmer becomes the pride of the country, this is our dream. In the coming years, we have to increase the collective power of the small farmers of the country. They have to be given new facilities: PM Modi
- Delimitation Commission has been constituted in Jammu and Kashmir. The focus is on modern infrastructure in Ladakh. Ladakh has also progressed towards its limitless possibilities of development. On the one hand, Ladakh is witnessing the creation of modern infrastructure, while on the other hand 'Indus Central University' is also going to make Ladakh a center of higher education: PM Modi
- Poor will get nutritious rice: The government will fortify the rice which it gives to the poor under its different schemes, will give nutritious rice to the poor. Whether it is rice available at ration shop, rice available in mid-day meal, rice available through every scheme will be fortified by the year 2024: PM Modi
- PM Modi Added 'Sabka Vishwas' to the slogan 'Sabka Saath Sabka Vikas'
- Sabka Saath - Sabka Vikas - Sabka Vishwas, with this reverence we are all engaged. Today I am calling from Red Fort - Sabka Saath - Sabka Vikas - Sabka Vishwas and now everyone's effort is very important for achieving our every goal: PM Modi
- We have to start now. We don't have a moment to lose. This is the time, the right time. We also have to adapt ourselves to the changing times. With this reverence, we all have gathered: PM Modi
- Government's focus on medical health schemes: PM Modi
- Our goal will be to provide facilities to the last person without discrimination. Government's focus is on medical health schemes, medical seats have been increased, efforts are being made to provide health benefits directly to the poor through Ayushman Bharat scheme: PM Modi
- The goal of Amritkal is to ascend new heights of prosperity for India and the citizens of India. To build an India where the level of facilities is not dividing the village and the city. Building an India where the government does not interfere unnecessarily in the lives of citizens: Prime Minister Narendra Modi
- Starting from here, the journey of the next 25 years, when we will celebrate the centenary of independence, this is the nectar period for the creation of a new India. The fulfillment of our resolves in this nectar period will take us to 100 years of independence, will take us proudly: PM Modi
- India has struggled for centuries for mother-land, culture and independence. The longing for freedom did not leave this country for centuries. Victory and defeat kept coming, but never let the aspiration of freedom settled in the Man Mandir go away: PM Modi
: Even today the pain of partition is present in India: PM Modi
- We celebrate independence, but the pain of partition still pierces the chest of India. It is one of the greatest tragedies of the last century. The country has taken an emotional decision only yesterday. From now on, August 14 will be remembered as the Partition Memorial Day: PM Modi
- In the honor of our players, let's applaud for a few moments and honor them. Respect for India's sports, respect for the young generation of India, respect for those who made India proud: PM Modi
- Amrit Mahotsav of Azadi, Happy 75th Independence Day to all of you and to all those who love India and democracy across the world: PM Modi
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi unfurled the national flag from the ramparts of the Red Fort on the 75th Independence Day.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi has reached the Red Fort. Defense Minister Rajnath Singh welcomed him. PM Modi was given a guard of honor at the Red Fort.
- PM Narendra Modi pays tribute to Mahatma Gandhi at Raj Ghat on 75th Independence Day.
- Tight security arrangements have been made in the national capital on Independence Day. Vehicles are being checked at various places. A large number of security personnel have been deployed. Anyone is being allowed to leave only after checking.
- Defense Minister Rajnath Singh unfurls the national flag at his residence on 75th Independence Day in Delhi
- Union Culture and Tourism Minister G Kishan Reddy unfurled the National Flag at his residence on India's 75th Independence Day. He said that during the 'Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav' celebrations, several programs will take place across the country. India will be corruption free, poverty free by 2047.
- PM Modi appealed to the countrymen to sing the national anthem