New Delhi: Islamic State has issued a chilling guide of 58-pages, advising would-be jihadis living in the West on how to avoid security services while plotting Paris-style attacks.
The manual is titled ‘Safety and Security Guidelines for Lone Wolf Mujahideen’ and has been published online.
"No doubt that today, at the era of the lone wolves, brothers in the West need to know some important things about safety in order to ensure success in their operations,” the document’s introduction reads.
"We thought a lot of non-Arabic speaking brothers would find it interesting and may apply it in their blessed operations,” it adds. It suggests:
1. Don’t look like a Muslim: It states "If you can avoid having a beard, wearing qamis [Islamic tunics], using miswak [teeth cleaning twigs] and having a booklet of dhikr [prayers and devotional acts] with you, it’s better.
2. Pretend to be a Christian: It is permissible for you to wear a necklace showing a Christian cross,” it explains.
3. Smell good: "If you want to use perfume, don't use the oily, non-alcoholic perfume that Muslims use, instead use generic alcoholic perfume as everyone does, and if you are a man, use perfume for men."
4. It asks them to trim their beards.
5. Party at night clubs: Suggests to use nightclubs with loud music as the best place to "secretly discuss the details of an operation".