Mumbai: Lashkar-e-Toiba (LeT) operative David Headley is being deposed before a Mumbai Court via video conferencing in the 26/11 Mumbai terror attacks trials today.
While deposing before the Mumbai Court on Monday, Headley made some stark revelations about the attack that rocked the nation in 2008 killing over 160 people.
Headley told the court about how LeT had planned and executed the 26/11 attacks and the role-played by ISI officials, including him.
Here is what Headley told the court today:
1. In 2007, LeT decided to conduct terror attack in Mumbai.
2. In Nov-Dec 2007, a meeting took place in Muzaffarabad (Pakistan), which was attended by Sajid Mir, Abu Khafa and me.
3. In this meeting, they assigned me the task of conducting recce of Taj Mahal Palace Hotel in Mumbai.
4. In this meeting, they (LeT) were having info about some meeting of Indian defence scientist in the conference hall of Taj Mahal Palace hotel and they wanted to attack it.
5. In a 2006 meeting attended by Sajid Mir,Muzamil, Abu Khafa & me, it was decided that I should go to India.
6. David Headley admits that he knows Al-Qaeda. He also defines Al-Qaeda as a 'terrorist organisation'.
7. David Headley admits that Zakiur Rehman Lakhvi was operational commander of LeT.
8. I met Zakiur Rehman LakhvI for the 1st time in 2003 in Muzaffarabad (PoK) at headquarters of LeT.
9. David identifies photograph of Zakiur Rehman Lakhvi.
10. David Headley admits before Mumbai Court that LeT,Jaish-e-Mohammed , and Hizb-ul-Mujahideen are working under United Jihad council.
11. David Headley admits before Mumbai Court that all these are terrorist organizations in Pakistan working against India.
12. David Headley admits that in October 2003, he met Jaish-e-Mohammed chief Maulana Masood Mazhar hundred miles away from South Lahore.
13. In 2003, there was a gathering of LeT where Maulana Masood Azhar was the guest speaker.
14. David Headley also admits that in the same gathering, Maulana Masood Azhar made a speech about his activities in India and about his release.
15. David Headley admits that his wife Faiza lodged a complaint in US assembly (Islamabad) alleging that he was having close association with LeT.
16. In early 2006, I met Major Iqbal for the 1st time at some house in Lahore. In this meeting, a colonel from Pak Army was also present.
17. David Headley admits that in early 2003,he met Abdul Rahman Pasha for first time in a mosque in Lahore.
18. David Headley admits that he was asked to recruit Indian army men to spy for ISI.
19. Prior to Nov 2007, I had taken photography and videography of Hotel Taj (Mumbai), but I didn't know that it would be targeted.
20. The plan to attack conference hall in Taj Hotel (Mumbai) was for logistics reason.
21. When asked by Special PP Ujjawal Nikam, "why was Mumbai particularly targeted for the attack? Headley replied, “I don't know why”.
22. "I didn't do any enquiry": David Headley on PP Nikam’s question on ‘why Mumbai was attacked particularly’.
23. David Headley said that he arrived in Mumbai for the 1st time on Sep 14, 2006 from Karachi, when he was shown passport by Special PP Nikam.
24. I got permission from Dr. Rana to set up my office in Mumbai.
25. Bashir Sheikh who was a friend of Dr. Rana came to pick me up from Mumbai Airport where I met him for the first time.
26. I didn't know Bashir Sheikh prior to this Mumbai visit.
27. Dr. Rana asked his friend Bashir Sheikh to receive me at the Mumbai Airport.
28. My first day in Mumbai was arranged by Bashir Sheikh.
29. Headley recognises his signature on the register of the Taj hotel (Mumbai).
30. I visited Taj Hotel (Mumbai) on Sep 14, 2006 and left from hotel on September 28,2006.
31. In 2007, I conducted surveillance in Taj Hotel (Mumbai) many times.
32. Conducted surveillance of Hotel Taj's (Mumbai) 2nd floor when I stayed with my wife Faiza.
33. Sajid Mir (LeT) asked me to conduct recce of second floor of Hotel Taj (Mumbai), I discussed everything with Major Iqbal.
34. Sajid Mir (LeT) and Major Iqbal were satisfied with the photography and videography done of Hotel Taj (Mumbai).
35. I gave the videography of second floor of Taj Hotel (Mumbai) to Sajid Mir (LeT) and Major Iqbal.
36. During my surveillance in Mumbai, Sajid Mir (LeT) asked me to specifically conduct a surveillance of Siddhivinayak Temple.
37. I did the surveillance of multiple targets and selected landing sites.
38. Multiple targets included Taj Mahal Palace Hotel (Mumbai), Naval, Air station, Maharashtra Police state headquarters, Oberoi Hotel and CST.
39. During this surveillance, I also made the video of Bhagat Singh Marg road in Kolaba.
40. This included the video of Leopold cafe, Colaba Police Station and shops and Restaurants which are on the same road.
41. During my surveillance in Mumbai, I used GPS device to store the locations.
42. GPS device was provided to me by Sajid Mir(LeT)&Abu Khafa, so that I could save various locations including locations in Arabian Sea.
43. After my surveillance in Mumbai, I handed over the GPS device to Sajid Mir (LeT).
44. In 2006, I also stayed as a paying guest near Breach Candy hospital (Shyam Niwas, Mumbai).
45. I submitted the the final videography and photography survey to Major Iqbal and Sajid Mir (LeT).
46. David Headley has disclosed that ISI provides financial support to LeT: Special PP Nikam.
47. Headley has disclosed his close association with the ISI: Ujjwal Nikam.
48. David Headley said that ISI provides financial, moral as well as military support to LeT: Nikam.
49. ISI provides financial, military & moral support to terrorist organisations LeT, Jaish-e-Mohammad & Hizbul Mujahideen.
50. When I asked whom he knew in the ISI, David Headley named Brigadier Riyaz, Colonel Shah, Lt Colonel Hamza and Major Samar Ali: Nikam.
51. I met Colonel Shah of ISI once; I also communicated with Major Sameer Ali of ISI.
52. David Headley said he was also working for ISI: Ujjwal Nikam.
53. I have heard that Brigadier Riyaz is a handler for Zaki-ur-Rehman Lakhvi.