New Delhi, May 12: Today is an important day for Lalu Prasad Yadav's family as his son Tej Pratap Yadav will tie the knot with Aishwarya Rai, the grand-daughter of former Bihar CM, Daroga Prasad Rai. The duo will get married today at Patna’s Bihar Veterinary College.
Here are some of the important facts about Lalu’s would-be daughter-in-law:
1) Aishwarya completed her schooling at Notre Dame Academy in Patna. Later on she moved to Delhi to complete her Bachelor’s degree in History from Delhi University’s Miranda House college. She also holds an MBA degree from Amity University.
2) Aishwarya hails from Chhapra and is the granddaughter of ex-chief minister of state Daroga Prasad Rai. Aishwarya's nickname is Jhipsi – a word used to refer to light rains in Bihar.
3) Aishwarya is the eldest among her siblings. She has one sister, Ayushi Rai, and a brother, Apurva Rai.
4) Ayushi is an engineer by profession
5) According to reports, Aishwarya was Rabri Devi’s choice. Earlier, Rabri Devi caused major controversy when she said that she would prefer ‘sanskari’, ‘desi girls’ who would “take care of the house, respect elders” and “not those who go to malls and cinema halls” as her daughters-in-law.