New Delhi, News24 Bureau, Feb 18: The Pulwama attack has left a deep scar in the minds of Indians and no patriot is in a mood to pardon Pakistan. There is a cry for revenge and the government is also understanding the common man's sentiments.
One of the conspirators who was instrumental in making this heinous crime a reality was Kamran or Ghazi Rasheed. Here are some lesser known facts about him:
1. Kamran alias Ghazi Rasheed, the mastermind of the Pulwama terror attack on February 14, has been killed in an encounter with security forces in a fresh encounter today.
2. Kamran, a Pakistani national, is believed to have radicalised Kashmiri youth to wage war against India.
3. Kamran is also believed to be an IED expert.
4. Reports say he was cornered by security forces along with two more terrorists in an encounter that started in the early hours of Monday.
5. It is said that Kamran was a big motivator and was a hero among misguided youth.
6. A joint team of Indian Army's 55 Rashtriya Rifles, CRPF and Special Operation Group launched a cordon and search operation last night.
7. Kamran is also said to be a very close aide of Azhar Masood.
7. However, the victory came at a heavy cost, with four Army personnel, including a major, killed in the gun battle. A civilian was also killed in the exchange of fire in the encounter which took place in the Pinglan area of south Kashmir's Pulwama district.
8. Security forces launched a cordon and search operation during the night after receiving inputs about the presence of militants in the area, a police official said.
9. Militants fired at forces as the searches got under way, triggering a gun battle, officials said.
10. he Jaish-e-Mohammed has claimed responsibility for the February 14 terror attack that left 40 Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) personnel dead and five critically wounded.