New Delhi, Oct 10: Actress Rekha is the ultimate glamorous diva of Bollywood and the most enigmatic actress of her generation. She has covered a long journey in Bollywood and starred in almost 180 movies. With her amazing dressing sense and unique style, Rekha was always ahead of her time. So far, Rekha has played the role of leading actress, mother, grand mother etc in various films.
Rekha has bewildered everyone with her age-defying look and even today she looks as young as she looked when she stepped her foot in the film industry.
As Rekha will turn one year older tomorrow, here we take a look at her top 5 controversies.
1) Rekha and Big B in the same flight: Rekha and Amitabh had a sizzling chemistry onscreen and it left many speculating about their relationship. Rekha and Amitabh Bachchan spelled their magic in many movies and delivered many blockbusters. Rekha and Amitabh never acknowledged each other at many public events, however when they were spotted together in the same flight it came as shock for many people. They never gave any clarification about the photograph but a picture speaks louder than words.
2) Hot song with Akshay: Rekha and Akshay featured in a hot number in Khiladiyon Ka Khiladi. The visuals of the song (in the night no control) were much ahead of its time and the entire song was quite seductive. Rekha also got criticism for accepting such bold role.
3) Rekha and Jaya's face to face encounter: It is widely known fact that Rekha and Jaya do not have cordial relationship. When Jaya came to know about the alleged relationship of Rekha with her husband Amitabh Bachchan, they never see each other eye to eye. Rumours of their animosity has been going on ever since talks of alleged Amitabh-Rekha affair started going around. Even whenever these two leading yesteryear actresses of Bollywood bump each other anywhere, the incident soon become a news headline.
4) When Rekha clicked with Kajol: When Rekha slipped in the same pullover with Kajol for a photoshoot, the news created a major stir among their fans and Bollywood industry. Rekha clicked with Kajol in the same sweater wearing nothing.
5) Forced kiss with Biswajeet: The shooting of Anjana Safar was taking place in Bombay's Mahboob Studio. Raja Nawathe was the director and cinematographer of the film. In the very first schedule of the film, Kuljeet Pal (the director), Raja and Biswajeet (the lead actor) had hatched a plan, with Rekha as the unsuspecting victim. That day a romantic scene was to be filmed between Rekha and Biswajeet. Every last detail of the strategy had been decided before the shoot. As soon as the director Raj Nawathe said 'action', Biswajeet took Rekha in his arms and pressed his lips on hers. Rekha was stunned. This kiss had never been mentioned to her. The camera kept rolling; neither the director said 'cut' nor Biswajeet stopped kissing her. For all of five minutes, Biswajeet kept kissing Rekha. Unit members were whistling and cheering. Her eyes were tightly shut but they were full of tears.
Recalling the day, Biswajeet referred to the incident as Raja Nawathe's idea. Raja had insisted that he kiss Rekha, not yet fifteen, catching her by surprise. Biswajeet maintained that it was not his fault, that he was merely working on the director's instructions. "It was not for my enjoyment, but important for the film. Rekha felt betrayed and was furious," confessed Biswajeet."