Islamabad, Jan 21: Pakistan on Sunday again summoned Indian Deputy High Commissioner J.P. Singh to condemn "unprovoked ceasefire violations" by India along the Line of Control, which it said had killed two civilians and injured three others.
Mohammad Faisal, who heads the South Asia wing in the Foreign Office, summoned the Indian envoy and "lodged a strong protest on the unprovoked ceasefire violations" by Indian forces in Nikial sector.
"The deliberate targeting of civilians is indeed deplorable and contrary to human dignity and international human rights and humanitarian laws," the official said.
"The ceasefire violations by India are a threat to regional peace and security and may lead to a strategic miscalculation," he added.
The Director General urged the Indian side to respect the 2003 ceasefire arrangement and investigate the incidents of truce violations, said an official statement.
The Indian diplomat was also told that New Delhi should permit the UN Military Observer Group in India and Pakistan to play its mandated role in Jammu and Kashmir.
On Saturday too, the Indian Deputy High Commissioner had been summoned by the Foreign Office to protest "ceasefire violations" by India that it said had killed five civilians and injured 22 others over the past three days.
"The number of casualties at international border has also risen due to unprovoked and indiscriminate firing by the Indian forces. Four more innocent civilians were killed, while 20 were injured on January 18 and 19," the statement added.
Pakistan and India had declared ceasefire along the LoC and International Border in 2003. Both, however, routinely accuse each other of violating the ceasefire.