Pathankot attack: Five terrorists killed, combing operation continues at airbase

Pathankot: As the military operations at the IAF base in Pathankot entered its fourth day, combing operations continued on Tuesday morning even as no firing was heard over night.

Five terrorists have been neutralized so far and it remains unclear if more terrorists are holed up inside the airbase.

The NSG said that the search operation will continue till the airbase is found safe, while adding that ‘all the assets at the base, including personnel, families, had been secured.’

Meanwhile, the United Jihad Council (UJC) on Monday claimed the responsibility of the attack on the Pathankot airbase. However government says that it has concrete evidence that nails the role Jaish-e-Mohommad (JeM) in the attack.

A team of National Investigation Agency (NIA) has been on spot since Saturday and will take over the probe once the Army and NSG give their clearance.

(Image courtesy: ANI)

News24 Bureau