Varanasi, Sep 22: PM Narendra Modi has gifted yet another state-of-the-art train with exquisite interiors to the people. On Friday, he flagged off the Varanasi-Vadodara Mahamana Express from his Lok Sabha constituency.
Why Mahmana Express is Special
* The once-a-week train will cover 1,531-km journey in 27 hours and 30 minutes.
* Special ladders will make it easy for passengers to climb upper berths
* Toilets are aesthetically designed. Large mirror, platform washbasin, controlled discharged water tap, odour control system, exhaust fan, LED lights and dustbin will be seen in toilets
* You can read without disturbing others with the help of berth reading lights in sleeper coaches.
* Halts: Bharuch, Surat, Amalner, Bhusaval, Itarsi, Jabalpur, Katni, Satna and Chheoki stations.
* Coaches: 18 coaches including I AC, II tier AC, Sleeper Class and IInd Class general coaches.
* Fire extinguisher in all coaches.
* Electric chimney in pantry car
* Electrical junction points have been shifted to non-passenger areas.
* LED Lighting for enhance illumination
* More charging points for mobiles/laptops.
* LED berth indicators-cum-night lights will help passengers at night.
*Modular panels without visible screws
* Vadodra-Varanasi Mahamana Express (No 20903) will leave Vadodara every Wednesday at 7.40 pm and will reach Varanasi at 10.20 pm the next day.
*Varanasi-Vadodara train (No. 20904) will leave Varanasi every Friday at 6.10 am and will reach Vadodara at 09.40 am the next day.
This is the third Mahamana Express train, after Varanasi-New Delhi route and Bhopal-Khajuraho route.