As Raksha Bandhan is approaching near, we get to remember how Bollywood celebrated the festival over these years through various songs that touched a chord with brothers and sisters on this day.
Raksha Bandhan strengthens the bond between brothers and sisters. The sister shows her affection by tying a sacred thread (popularly called as Rakhi) around her brother's wrist, praying for his well-being and the latter promises to protect her all his life.
Here we remember all these top six songs over the years that add a unique significance to the festival:
1) Phoolon Ka Taron Ka: This is probably the most popular and deeply loved song based on brother-sister bond. The song was sung by Kishore Kumar.
2) Behna Ne Bhai Ki Kalai Se: This is another equally famous Raksha Bandhan song that will add to the celebration.
3) Ise Samjho Na Resham Ka Tar Bhaiya: This melodious track highlights a sister's unconditional love for her brother.
4) Bhaiya Mere Rakhi Ke Bandhan Ko Nibhana: This song has been sung by Lata Mangeshkar. It is one of the oldest tracks on Raksha Bandhan but certainly a delight to the ears.
5) Mere Bhaiya Mere Chanda: This is another old track showcasing the purity and beauty that the relationship carries. It has been sung by Asha Bhosle.
6) Ye Rakhi Bandhan Hai Aisa: This 1972 song from the movie "Beimaan" is another track to fit your playlist on the day.
So, gear up for the celebration of Raksha Bandhan with these popular songs.
We wish you all a very happy Raksha Bandhan