New Delhi, Jan 17, News24 Bureau: After 'Simmba' success, Ranveer Singh is busy promoting his upcoming film 'Gully Boy' these days. Last year was very lucky for Ranveer. At the start of the year 2018 'Padmaavat'was released, which was a super hit and in the end, he gave blockbuster film 'Simmba'. This film collected a total of appx Rs 250 crores. Ranveer Singh's name was never connected with any big controversy but his name was always in the discussions due to some other reasons since his debut.
Ranveer Singh debuted in Bollywood with Yash Raj Banner's film 'Band Baaja Baaraat'. At that time there were reports that Ranveer Singh's father gave Rs 10 lakh to Aditya Chopra. So that they make a movie for him. Now Ranveer Singh has given his reaction for the first time on this.
In an interview with Filmfare, Ranveer Singh was asked that what was the biggest rumour he has heard about himself. On which Ranveer told that "It was said during my debut that my father gave Rs 10 lakhs to Aditya Chopra so that I could be launched under Yash Raj Banner. I became very sad after hearing this. It is a very irresponsible statement. Such things raise a question about my talent."
Ranveer also said that he did a lot of struggle to make his career in Bollywood. He is proud of himself. The people who came to struggle in Bollywood often message him that, they had collected money now tell us how to get launched under Yash Raj Banner.
Ranveer Singh and Alia Bhatt starrer 'Gully Boy' will be released on the eve of Valentine's Day i.e 14th February.(Image source-Internet)