New Delhi: Navjot Sidhu opened his innings with Congress in his characteristic flamboyance. It seemed he was hitting a six every ball, whenever BJP's name cropped up durinh his first press conference as Congressman on Monday. With his wit and humour he attacked both the BJP and its partner Shiromani Akali Dal (SAD).
"I am a born Congressman, this is my ghar wapasi," Sidhu said at the start of the press meet. Sidhuism was its best when he targetted his former party and its partner with one-liners, shlokas and shayari
Sidhuism in Congress
* Quoting from Bhagavad Gita, he said," Yada yada hi dharmasya glanirbhavati bharata, Abhythanamadharmasya tadatmanam srijamyaham. Paritranaya sadhunang vinashay cha dushkritam Dharmasangsthapanarthay sambhabami yuge yuge (Whenever there is decay of righteousness, and there is exaltation of unrighteousness, then I myself come forth.)
* Sidhu referred Congress as Kaushalya and BJP as Kaikeyi in response to a question. He said people know who has been acting like Manthara. "Ye public hai sab janti hai," Sidhu added
"Log kehte hain Sidhu party ko maa kehta tha. Lekin Maa to Kaikeyi bhi thi. Sabko pata hai Manthara kaun hai Punjab mein," Sidhu said.
* "Bhaag baba Badal bhaag, kursi khaali kar, Punjab ki janta aati hai (run, Badal, run)," Sidhu said while taunting Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal and his family. " A government by the people has now become a government by a family," Sidhu added.
"Akali Dal ek pavitra jamaat tha, ab ek jaaydaad ban gaya hai," he said.
* "Sidhu's battle is not an individual battle, this is a fight for redemption of Punjab. Drugs is a real problem in Punjab, one can't deny that. Young men are dying," Sidhu said pointing towards one of
the biggest issues of the state.
* Sidhu also denied calling Rahul - 'pappu' while campaigning for the BJP. "I never gave any name to Rahul," he said. (News24Bureau)