London, Aug 22 (PTI) TV presenter Dermot O'Leary has revealed that "X Factor" boss Simon Cowell admitted he'd made a mistake by letting him leave the ITV talent show last year.
Now back as host, Dermot confirmed that his exit last March was because he'd heard bosses were "looking at other presenters", reported Telegraph online.
Dermot said that he got a phone call from Simon in February, where the music mogul told him: "I've made a mistake, I'd love to get you back."
Dermot then flew to Hollywood to meet Cowell where they spent three hours "chatting about the show and life in general."
But despite signing a reported 8 million pounds four-year deal to return to the show, Dermot says money played no part in his decision.
"I've been like that since I was a runner on nine and a half grand a year. I've never taken a job purely for the money.
"With 'The X Factor' it was, 'What would make you come back? What would you like to do with the show? I didn't worry about money."
Dermot admitted that he was forced to leave the show last year after hearing that bosses were "looking at other presenters", with Olly Murs and Caroline Flack eventually getting the job.