New Delhi, Oct 1: Here's a look at the top five cleanest cities of India. Some places will leave you pleasantly surprised. Prime Minister Narendra Modi officially launched the 'Swachh Bharat Mission’ on October 2, 2014 at Rajghat, New Delhi. As the third anniversary of the campaign draws near, PM Modi on Friday sought suggestions from people to address the drawbacks and strengthen one of his pet projects.
However, there is yet no clarity on this campaign. When the whole campaign is focused towards making India a clean country then why the people who actually taking initiative to keep it clean so far left behind. The Ministry of Urban Development carried out the survey in January 2017 to find out the top cleanest and dirtiest cities in India.
Here we take a look at some of the cleanest cities in India:
1) Indore: Indore has emerged as the cleanest city in Madhya Pradesh while the state capital Bhopal bagged the second position.
2) Bhopal: The next city in the list of cleanest cities is Bhopal. The place is ranked at no 2 and highly famous for keeping even the nooks and corners clean and clear.
3) Visakhapatnam: Vizag city is popularly known for its beautiful tourist spots and sprawling beaches. The place came at third spot in the list of cleanest cities in India.
4) Surat: The place is also called as the diamond city of Gujarat and it follows high standard of cleanliness at public places. The civic authority in the city is very strict about cleanliness on roads and public places. Surat has been ranked at fourth place when it comes to cleanest cities in the country.
5) Mysuru: The city is very famous for keeping its famous spots, roads, parks and other public places spic and span. In 2008, a citizen group in Mysore began a movement called Let's do it! campaign to clean up not only the city but the entire country. It is ranked at 5th place in the list of cleanest city
News 24 Bureau