Washington, Oct 27. US President Donald Trump has delayed the release of thousands of pages of classified documents about John F. Kennedy's assassination due to pressure from the CIA, FBI and other federal agencies still seeking to keep some final secrets about the nearly 54-year-old probe, media reports said. However on Thursday evening, the President allowed the immediate release of 2,800 records by the National Archives, following a last-minute scramble to meet a 25-year legal deadline, reports The Washington Post. After lobbying by national security officials, the remaining documents will be reviewed during a 180-day period. In a statement released by the White House, Trump said: "I am ordering today that the veil finally be lifted. At the same time, executive departments and agencies have proposed to me that certain information should continue to be redacted because of national security, law enforcement, and foreign affairs concerns. "I have no choice today but to accept those redactions rather than allow potentially irreversible harm to our nation's security." The records were put online at 7.30 p.m. on Thursday, The Washington Post reported. The thousands of field reports, cables and interview summaries from dozens of FBI, CIA and congressional investigators reveal the minutiae of a chase for information that spanned decades and covered continents. Some documents also summarised internal discussions within Communist Party meetings after the assassination, discussing whether Oswald was innocent and whether communists would be blamed for Kennedy's death. The government was facing a Thursday deadline for disclosing the records, and Trump tweeted twice that the documents would be made public. "The long anticipated release of the #JFKFiles will take place tomorrow," he tweeted on Wednesday. "So interesting!" Meanwhile, some of the material that assassination experts had been most eager to review was not included in the documents released on Thursday.