Pancham Saude, New Delhi: Playing his 194rd ODI against Sri Lanka Virat Kohli on Sunday smashed his 30th one-day international hundred off just 107 balls and became the leading run-scorer in ODIs in 2017.
In 2017, Virat tops the list whereas Faf du Plessis (South Africa) is ranked second and while Joe Root (England) is third with 785 runs.
Virat scoring his 30th career century in the fifth ODI against Sri Lanka and here are some records that he managed to make in the same series.
1. The 28-year-old now tops the list of leading run-scorers for 2017.
2. Virat Kohli (18) has also surpassed Sourav Ganguly’s record of 16 tons as captain
3. With 131 he also stands with Arjuna Ranatunga to score highest runs by a captain in Sri Lanka.
Ranatunga scored 131 in 1997
4. Kohli's 219-run stand with Rohit also bettered the last record of highest second-wicket
partnership-197 runs which involved Virat Kohli and Shikhar Dhawan against the same Lankan team
5. With 30 hundreds Kohli has equalled Ricky Ponting and 19 centuries behind Indian