New Delhi: Vistara airline on Saturday said it will add four more aircraft in 2016 to take its fleet to 13 for increased frequencies and destinations. "Vistara will be adding four more aircraft to its existing fleet of nine in the year. Vistara customers can look forward to more new destinations and increased frequencies on current destinations," the airline said in a statement.
As Vistara celebrated its first anniversary on Saturday, CEO Phee Tiek Yeoh said: "Today marks a significant milestone in our journey as we successfully complete one year of operations. Our first year has been no less than extraordinary. Nine aircraft, 12 destinations, more than one million happy customers." In 2016, Vistara also plans to launch a signature lounge at Indira Gandhi International Airport Terminal 3 and incorporate advanced in-flight entertainment system, the statement added. Tata Sons holds the majority stake of 51 percent in Vistara while Singapore Airlines Limited (SIA) holds the remaining 49 percent.