New Delhi, September 28: As India celebrates Parakram Parv to mark the second anniversary of the surgical strike, let us look at the events of September 29, 2016. It was the day when the Indian Army taught Pakistan a lesson that it will not forget in near future. To showcase the courage, valour and sacrifice of Armed Forces, ‘Parakram Parv’ is being observed from 28-30 September 2018.
Here's how the surgical strike was conducted and why:
1. On September 18, four men executed one of the worst terrorist attacks on the Indian Army and killed 19 army jawans in J&K’s Uri in the rear office of an Indian Army infantry installation. The attackers came from Pakistan.
2. In response to Uri attack Indian Army conducted surgical strikes in the night of September 28th on terror launch pads across the Line of Control.
3. Indian army Special Forces operations on terror launch pads lasted from 12:30 am to 4:30 am, location was 500 meters - 2 kms across Line of Control. Surgical strikes on seven Pakistani terror camps belonged to multiple terror groups.
4. The seven terror launch pads were located between 500 meters to three kilometres across the LoC in Pakistan. This location was in the towns of Bhimber, Hotspring Kel and Lipa sectors in PoK.
5. Soon after the surgical strike Indian markets reacted against Pakistan. Sensex crashed 555 points and Nifty fell about 170 points in intra-day trade post reports on fear of full scare war
6. After the surgical strike, villages in Punjab within the range of 10 kilometres from the international border with Pakistan are being evacuated and additional BSF troops move in.
7. The Defence Ministry confirmed that there were no causalities on the Indian side on the other side Pakistan accepted that two soldiers were killed in the early morning firing. There were also reports that upto 40 terrorists were killed in the strikes across multiple launchpads.
8. Prime Minister Narendra Modi personally monitored the cross-LoC strike by the Indian Army on strike night and approved it.
9. The entire operation was monitored for the entire night from the Army headquarters in New Delhi by Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar, Army chief General Dalbir Singh Suhag, National Security Advisor Ajit Doval.
10. When was the last surgical strike conducted?
The latest surgical strike done by Indian Army was inside Myanmar in June by 70 commandos for 40 minutes killing 38 Naga insurgents.
Later the Government released the videos of the surgical strike and here it is: